Watch BB22!

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Stringr App : get paid for taking videos

Hey guys & gals! So this is a totally non-BB related post, it's more of a 'if you need to make a few extra bucks..' post. I know a lot of people are in need of extra money these days (more than ever) and so I wanted to do a post that on something that I personally love to do, and hope it helps y'all out too!

I'll keep it short and sweet:
Stringr is an app on your phone that you use to record video for news stations in your local area. You get paid per gig (average is $50/assignment) and it can take as little as 10 minutes to do, or as long as you'd like to get the good shots. You submit them, they view, and if they like it, they purchase it.

That's it!

It's a great app to (1) have on your phone for when you're already at a location that needs footage, such as fairs & festivals (2) use it as a guide to what's going on in the area for fun and if you happen to go, then you know you could be getting paid to go if you take on an assignment while you're there! Total win-win!

The app pays you the next business day via PayPal (sign up with your paypal email address!) and you get $10 FREE if you use my referral code: DPG474 (and I get $10 in return, which helps support the blog all year round).

I use it mostly in the winter time at home because news station crews hate driving in the snow and would rather pay me $50 to get video of my husband snowblowing our own driveway. lol

It's a super fun app, easy as pie to navigate, and don't forget to add tags to your videos so that they're searchable in their database for news stations to purchase later on..possibly even years later!

The catch? There is no catch. I think the only con I've come across from doing it for a year now, is that sometimes I don't get my videos purchased, which means I wasted time BUT they're purchased way more times than not. So in the long run, it actually does pay to do it. I'd say about 7 out of 10 times, I get my videos purchased.

A few tips:
I bought a small and large tripod for super cheap on amazon and those sit in the trunk of my car. This way, I'm always prepared. (Sometimes they'll text or call if they REALLY need an assignment done and you're close by!) You don't need one, though. Just need to keep the videos steady and those help a ton with that.

Now, are you gonna get rich for this? Nah. Could you make a few hundred a month from it part time? Absolutely! Like anything else in life, you get what you put in. I barely do it and I've made a few hundred bucks already. My favorite gig was when they called me directly and asked for a private assignment that they paid me for in advance and it was for $80. I spent an hour getting all the shots they needed and they were happy with the outcome. It was also a place I've never been to before and didn't know existed in my own town, so that was pretty cool!

(here's a pic of some of my stringr payments from paypal)

Anyway, that's it! You can either click here (if you're on your cell phone) or look for Stringr on the app store. Just be sure to grab your free $10 with my code: DPG474 when you sign up!!

Have fun and make lots of extra money!! :D


4 comments:

  1. Always looking out 😊 Thank you Jamie. I am going to forward this post to several folks I know would love to do this. I will ask that they use your code if they sign up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shhh!! Hope they find it handy & fun to do like I do!

      Delete
  2. I signed up, thank you for the referral code!

    ReplyDelete

Read Before You Post:

1) I will not approve any hateful comments. Remember that it is just a show. Enjoy it.

2) It is real simple: speak your mind, but be respectful at the same time. :)

3) RELAX!! This is a fun blog, so have FUN!!

Contact Me © Copyright BecauseYoureAddicted.com, 2013. All rights reserved. No images and/or any content on this blog are allowed to be used and/or distributed in any context.